EquiMind is committed to safeguarding your privacy and providing a safe online experience. This policy applies to the EquiMind website, the EquiMind App, and governs data collection and usage. Use of your personal information by EquiMind is regulated by the Data Protection Act 1998. By using the Equimind website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
Collection and use of your Personal Information
EquiMind may collect, store and use personally identifiable information, such as:
- your email address, name, home or work address or telephone number;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths). EquiMind also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as you post (ZIP) code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites;
- information that you provide when completing your profile on our website (including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, horse description and email address);
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address);
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, therefore, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
EquiMind may use your personal information to:
- operate the EquiMind website, the EquiMind App, and deliver the services you have requested;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- inform you of other products or services available from EquiMind and its partners;
- send you our email newsletter and notification, if you have requested those (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
EquiMind does not transfer your personal information to any bodies or organisations resident in countries outside the European Economic Area which do not provide the same level of protection as the United Kingdom.
EquiMind will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on EquiMind or the site;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of Equimind;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Equimind, or the public;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of personal information
EquiMind will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. EquiMind will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
EquiMind uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you register with the EquiMind website or its App, a cookie helps EquiMind to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses and so on. When you return to the EquiMind website the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Equimind features that you customised.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the EquiMind services or websites you visit.
In Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
In Firefox (version 44) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
In Chrome (version 48), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Changes to this Policy
If you would like to review or modify any part of your personal information then you should email us at email@example.com or change your details via the contact details section on the website. We remind you that you can at any time opt out of receiving any direct marketing in any medium notwithstanding any previous consent you may have given to EquiMind permitting us to send you direct marketing.
This website is owned and operated by EquiMind.
To contact EquiMind by post please write to EquiMind, 41 Ellis Road, Crowthorne, RG45 6PR
EquiMind Ltd is registered in England and Wales No. 09977604, and our registered office is 41 Ellis Road, Crowthorne, RG45 6PR